Give in to your Inner Diva! Ten Reasons to Join Parkway’s Choir
- Flexibility and convenience: We practice Wednesday nights 6:30-8:00pm, but choir is forgiving if you need to take a night off. Plus there is child care! Or Youth Night. Wow! How ’bout that, you parents. (Parents of youths can save gas by hanging out and singing instead of making two round trips.) We also take the summer off!
- Premium Parking: Because we meet at 8:45am for practice before 9:30am service, choir members always can get front row parking.
- Professional: Parkway has a wonderful professional choir director—we are made familiar with a wide variety of worship music and learn lots about ensemble singing. She knows so much. And never wastes our t
- Expand your prayer life: Did you know “He/she who sings in church prays twice!”
- Increase your Bible knowledge: Learning Church music is Bible Study. Psalms, hymns, OT, NT, etc. and Spirituals. (my personal faves.)
- No dress code: We wear robes, so you can come to church in PJs if you want and no one will know.
- Laugh with us: We have a wonderful group of comedians, mostly tenors, but all voices can play. Much laughter before and after (never during) our work on our music. Choir is fun.
- We are family: The choir is a special Christian community within a community. We have love, love, love. Almost always.
- We need you: Several of our key voices and their owners are in England for several months—we need more singers.
- All are welcome: There are no auditions and no critics. Any gift is welcome. Come join and help us scatter joy.
Singing can have some of the same effects as exercise, like the release of endorphins, which gives the singer an overall “lifted” feeling and is associated with stress reduction. It’s also an aerobic activity, meaning it gets more oxygen into the blood for better circulation, which tends to promote a good mood. And singing necessitates deep breathing, another anxiety reducer.
Interested? Contact us. Or simply join us on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm! You are most welcome!