…so what do I do?
Whether you are new to the area, traveling through St Louis, returning to church, or coming to church for the first time we know that finding a church that is a good fit for your can be a challenging thing. We want you to feel comfortable, so here are some helpful hints about what you can expect:
While our campus and buildings are on both sides of Ballas Road, we currently worship on the west side of the street – 2841 N Ballas Rd. [Our siblings from Mar Thoma, a congregation from India, worship in our Historic Sanctuary on the east side of Ballas each Sunday morning.]
What to Wear
There is no dress code, come dressed however you are comfortable.
You will find a friendly greeter at the doors. They can answer your questions.
What to Expect
As you enter, you will be in our large Gathering Space – it’s like our “living room.”
- Sit anywhere you’d like in the sanctuary….there is no assigned seating.
- Both our Traditional Worship (9:30am) and Informal Worship (11:00am) start with music and announcements. A Children’s Message is shared near the beginning of the service and then children leave the sanctuary with adults for Sunday School. Pathways of Faith students (9:30am) will wait for you to pick them up in their classrooms in the education wing – again, someone can show you there.
- Stories & Songs students (11am) will be escorted back to the sanctuary for our Shalom Circle at the end of worship. You are welcome to attend class with your child if that would help ease you and/or your child. [Our middle and senior high classes meet during the 9:30am hour downstairs.]
- Children are always welcome at worship. There is a supervised Nursery available to use should you want to take advantage of that. It is a warm and welcoming place. Simply bring your infant-3 year old there before worship begins or after the Children’s Message.
- Expect the worship service to last about an hour.
- After the service there are treats… so stick around, mingle and ruin your lunch! As you enjoy coffee and sweets in the Gathering Space just outside the sanctuary, you can visit with other adults and learn more about us by picking up a newsletter, reading the bulletin board or stopping by one of the information tables.
- Grace Place is our fellowship area for children and youth. It is a large open space where kids have options. This is a supervised experience as well.
Please contact us with any questions. We want you to feel welcomed and comfortable as you worship with us!